life

UTAH 2014 439

I have always believed in fate.

I think that everything happens for a reason (sometimes, even the bad stuff) and I think that our experiences (good and bad) make us who we are.

For the past eight years or so… I have had jobs that just didn’t feel like me. I have felt lost. Friends of mine had CAREERS and I just had a job. I was working to work, to pay the bills.. going through the motions.  Sure some of these jobs I actually liked (and some I didn’t). I liked the people, my managers, the culture, but the J-O-B was never something I was passionate about.  Most of these jobs have been in ‘corporate America’ and deep down I always knew corporate America wasn’t for me. I knew this ALL along, but yet I didn’t know what other options I had. There was even that time in 2008 when I left a corporate job to apply to Physical Therapy Doctoral Programs (which didn’t work out, obviously). Frustrated, I went from job to job, searching for the answer that I was never finding. Also frustrated because I know I have a lot to offer and I had not found my time to shine. I couldn’t help but think: If I could find a career that gave me the same passion & excitement as triathlon does, it would be a DREAM career!

e1c9bd7c5a6d17f22402ff85f2df772d

Truth be told, being a ‘millennial’ doesn’t help this little crisis either (thanks Mom and Dad, ha). Thanks to being in the you can do ANYTHING you put your mind to generation, I have always thought that I can do anything I want to do in life, therefore life has been full of career disappoints, so far.  All along searching for the right fit, and never finding it. I must add, being in positions where I did not feel appreciated has NOT help self-confidence either.

I have been working at my current company for over a year now, and while it’s a great place to work, I have known all along that it’s not where my heart is (just like every other job I’ve ever had). I was told by my current boss and mentor that you will be successful when you follow your passion, I believe in that 100%.  With BIG changes at my workplace (an acquisition by a bigger pharma company) this prompted me to start actively looking.  This time around, I wasn’t going to settle on just any job, I wanted this to be something I was PASSIONATE about.

I truly believe that you SHOULD find a job you love, myself included, because let’s face it, you are working for most of your life.  And as much as I would like triathlon to be my career, well I’m just not fast enough, unfortunately:)

With all of this being said… I have exciting news, that I have been keeping secret for a few months… drum roll please…

I have taken a position that I am SUPER ‘shout from the rooftops’ excited about! I’m talking about a position that makes my heart rate go up just thinking about it:)

I will be working at a ground breaking company called… InsideTracker!

InsideTracker-logo

You will know just by reading about this company, WHY I am so pumped about my new role as a Sales Executive at InsideTracker. I will get to communicate with people JUST like me ALL day long.. triathletes, runners, yogis, personal trainers, coaches, etc.. cannot wait! And best of all, I will get to make a difference. InsideTracker is a start-up company, and it will be a great chance for me to be creative and put my ideas to work.

Here’s a little blurb about InsideTracker:

InsideTracker is a personalized health analytics company founded by leading scientists, physicians, nutritionists and exercise physiologists from MIT, Harvard and Tufts University.

The InsideTracker platform tracks and analyzes key biochemical and physiological markers and applies sophisticated algorithms and large scientific databases to determine personalized optimal zones for each marker. InsideTracker’s expert system offers science-driven nutrition and lifestyle interventions that empower people to optimize their markers. When optimized, these marker levels have been scientifically proven to increase vitality, improve performance and extend life.

Our goal is to empower individuals with the essential information they need to manage and optimize their own health. We believe that by providing a dynamic, personalized analytic platform at the intersection of biology, science and technology, then distilling the results into simple, natural and sustainable nutrition and lifestyle recommendations to follow, we can help people live longer, healthier lives.

InsideTracker is already working with several elite athletes in many different sports, including triathlon, So exciting!! You can read about one of these triathletes, Diane Stokes, here.

I had InsideTracker test my biomarkers, and I’ll be posting about my results soon! While I do get squemish around blood, the test itself was very easy and I got my results within less than a week. It’s been fascinating learning about what I need to work on with my biomarkers:) As triathletes we are often focused on the OUTSIDE, without knowing what really going on in the INSIDE.  It’s changing what’s on the INSIDE that can make all of the difference, and even make us FASTER athletes. I look forward to seeing improvements in my own performance this season, thanks to InsideTracker!

Overall, I am psyched to be working in a new field: Sales, for an innovative company that is changing lives! I really think this is my time to shine and it’s JUST the beginning for me. The plan is to start at InsideTracker in the coming weeks (just waiting for things to be finalized with my current position).

If you have any questions about InsideTracker, feel free to reach out to me on Twitter @SweatCourage, I can tell you more:)

Check out InsideTracker on twitter: @InsideTracker !

• Reply Hailey February 21, 2015 at 1:50 am

Yay! That’s is so awesome, Kristin! Huge congratulations! 🙂

• Reply Kristin February 24, 2015 at 5:52 pm

Thanks Hailey! Appreciate it:)

• Reply Megan @ Meg Go Run February 21, 2015 at 12:35 pm

I’m so happy you have found a job you’re excited about! 🙂

I feel lucky to have my job. I know there are a lot of people that don’t have one. But I feel REALLY lucky that I actually like my job and I like my coworkers. I don’t think I’ll ever leave my current place of employment- unless we would move, of course. Which I don’t think we will. 🙂

• Reply Kristin February 24, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Thank you Meg!! So many people aren’t happy with their Jobs, it’s so sad! Happy to hear you have found one you love:) Lucky girl!

• Reply Kecia February 21, 2015 at 5:48 pm

So exciting!! Congratulations, Kristin!!

• Reply Kristin February 24, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Thanks Kecia!! xx

• Reply Kecia February 21, 2015 at 5:50 pm

So exciting!! Congratulations Kristin!!

• Reply Cassie @ Rural Running Redhead February 21, 2015 at 8:05 pm

Congrats! Sounds like a cool company and an amazing opportunity!

• Reply Kristin February 24, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Thank you Cassie, I’m super excited!

• Reply Desiree February 22, 2015 at 2:50 pm

Congrats Kristin. This sounds like the PERFECT job for you. Look forward to hear more details in the future.

• Reply Kristin February 24, 2015 at 5:53 pm

Thank you Desiree!! I’m so excited and can’t wait to share more details with you:)

• Reply Lee@tri*inspired*life February 23, 2015 at 5:28 pm

Awesome news Kristin! So happy for your new opportunity!

• Reply Kristin February 24, 2015 at 5:54 pm

Thanks Lee!! Appreciate it lady!

• Reply Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles February 23, 2015 at 6:57 pm

Oh Kristin, I am SO SO SO happy for you! I cannot wait to hear more about this awesome place! I think it definitely meshes well with your love and passion for fitness! Congrats my friend!

• Reply Kristin February 24, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Thanks Sara!! So sorry I never emailed/texted you about this! We have to catch up in PERSON since I’ll be working in Cambridge again. I can take the red line to meet up with you:) Shooting for a start date in March!

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats February 23, 2015 at 7:32 pm

Wow!! Congrats!! So exciting!!

• Reply Kristin February 24, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Thanks Leslie!!! Yay!

• Reply erin February 23, 2015 at 8:50 pm

Such a PERFECT fit, Kristin! So happy for you! Congrats! Looking forward to hearing more about the biomarkers 🙂

• Reply Kristin February 24, 2015 at 5:55 pm

Thanks Erin!!! Can’t wait to tell you more:) !

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust February 27, 2015 at 2:56 am

I was so happy… no… thrilled to read this!!! I know this has been weighing heavily on your heart for a long time and with all of the patience you have had, it’s great to see your dreams finally becoming a reality. What an amazing opportunity for you that will hopefully open new doors and teach you new things. I’m really really happy for you and hope you are smiling a little more now when you go to work! 🙂

• Reply Rachel March 4, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Kristin this is EXCELLENT news!! Congratulations on your new position! I’m in the same boat as you trying to find that job that lights the fire (basically being an accountant to pay for my passions outside of work), so I feel your struggle. So happy you found what you were looking for!! 😀

• Reply Kristin March 4, 2015 at 8:40 pm

Thanks so much Rachel!!! I hope you can find a job that you are passionate about. 🙂 I hear you.. my current job funds my hobby, but does not make me happy.

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:31 am

I blog quite often and I seriously appreciate your content.

The article has truly peaked my interest. I am going to
    take a note of your blog and keep checking for new details about once
    a week. I opted in for your Feed too.