looking back… 2014

Looking back on this year, it was probably one of my most exciting years ever! It was also, without a doubt, a year of growth and learning. A year where I learned more about myself and truly found out what I am capable of.  I can only look forward to the new year ahead, with the hope that it will be even better than 2014..

and with that… drumroll please…

Here is a recap of 2014 with some of my {favorite} moments:

The 2014 Boston Marathon

A day I will never forget.  I ran in 2013, the year of the bombings, and was only a few streets away when it all happened.  I got to finish the race that year, but I was emotionally hit really hard.  Running the race in 2014 was a day where runners came together to prove to the world that we won’t let anyone ruin our race.

Training ALL winter for Ironman Mont-Tremblant

July 28 2014 036

Training for my first Ironman was a HUGE learning process.  It was also a lot of fun! What I realized is, you need to LOVE training for an Ironman (well most of the time), or else it’s not worth it.  Good news for me is, I love it!

Multiple Podium Finishes

Kristin's iPhone 6.16.14 406

2014 was a year of podium finishes and PR’s (yay!) Proud to say I stood on the podium at each one of my tri’s except for IMMT. Maybe this year I’ll be on the podium in Tremblant… you never know;)

Racing and Finishing Ironman Mont-Tremblant

Mom Camera IRONMAN 144

Without a doubt, my top moment of 2014! Finishing my first Ironman left me with the feeling that I can do anything in this world.  If there is one word I could use to describe finishing an Ironman, it would be: POWERFUL.  I finished in 11:28:36, a time I was very happy with for my first one ever!

Vacationing in Mont-Tremblant post race

IRONMAN 379

It was so much fun to explore Mont-Tremblant after my race! Such a great way to relax and decompress after the biggest race of my life. One of my favorite activities was kayaking down the River Rouge seen here.

Our Utah vacation in September

UTAH 2014 618 UTAH 2014 281

This was one of my favorite vacations of all time.  Exploring the Wasatch Mountains, Zion and Bryce canyons was just breathtaking.  I can’t wait to go back there one day!

Hiking in the White Mountains

10338864_10100147237641827_8147897165214856719_n Nov 17 2014 102

Always one of my favorite things to do! We reached out 35th 4,000 foot mountain in New Hampshire this year!  We have 13 more to go to get to the coveted 48!

Visiting California for the first time ever

December 2014 281

Yes, it was a ‘work trip’ but I made every effort to get out and explore during my free time. Seeing the California coast and sunset for the first time was just amazing…

Looking back at each of these moments, I consider myself to be very lucky. Thanks for following my journey through this year!

• Reply Kecia December 24, 2014 at 6:13 pm

You’ve had an AMAZING year!! I can’t wait to see what 2015 brings you 😉

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:34 pm

aww thank you kecia!!! same to you lady!!

• Reply Megan @ Meg Go Run December 27, 2014 at 12:56 pm

All your vacation pictures are gorgeous!

I was at Boston this year, too bad we couldn’t have connected! I don’t think I followed your blog then, though. I did get to meet up with another blogger in the Athlete’s Village, though!

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:30 pm

Thanks Megan!! Aww it IS too bad !! Next time you are in Boston, let me know:)!

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust December 29, 2014 at 4:30 pm

It has been so fun following along on all of your adventures this past year. You have inspired me in more ways than one and I’m so glad to have connected with you through the blogosphere. 🙂 Cheers to great things in 2015 – it’s going to be an exciting year!! xo

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:31 pm

I loved connecting with you in 2014 through blogging!! I am so happy to hear I inspired you and I CAN’T wait to follow your Ironman journey this year! This year is going to be HUGE in so many ways.. yay!!! xo

• Reply Lee@tri*inspired*life December 29, 2014 at 5:35 pm

I can agree that the year of the first IM is unlike any other. You have highlighted some other great moments as well, so congrats on a truly special year. I know 2015 will bring more greatness from you!

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:32 pm

thank you lee!! I hope IM #2 is even better!!

• Reply Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork December 30, 2014 at 4:54 pm

A pretty incredible year! Very impressive! Can’t imagine the things you’ll accomplish next year, especially with your first Ironman under your belt! Congrats!

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:33 pm

Thank you Steph!! Hoping for a strong 2015!! happy new year to you!!

• Reply erin January 2, 2015 at 11:40 pm

Stellar year for you, lady! And, I know that 2015 will bring even bigger accomplishments 🙂

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:32 pm

thanks erin!!! same to you sista! xo

• Reply Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles January 5, 2015 at 8:12 pm

You had a wonderful year my friend, I look forward to seeing what 2015 has in store for you!

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:32 pm

thank you sara!! big things for you in 2015 too… i can feel it xo

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:46 am

Your mode of telling everything in this paragraph is genuinely nice, all
    can simply be aware of it, Thanks a lot.