eat clean

California in Pictures

Hi! I just got back last night from California and my body feels like it’s been hit by a truck.  I guess jet lag is a real thing, even when it’s only a three hour time difference…

I flew to Los Angeles from Boston on Sunday (6.5 hour flight) and then returned last night to the frozen tundra a.k.a Boston. Why is it that sitting on a plane for hours on end sucks the life right out of you?

From Sunday-Thursday I attended a conference for work in Anaheim. Lucky for me I had a rental car (score!) and was able to explore some beautiful sights around me.  The conference went from 11 am – 3 pm every day, which allowed for some ‘play time’ before and after each day.  I also lucked out BIG time with the weather, 70’s and sunny EVERY day.  Right now they are getting flooded with rain, so we got out just in time.

Here are some photos from the ‘fun portion’ of my work trip a.k.a. my first time ever in California. Let’s just say it won’t be my last time visiting this beautiful state:)

Sorry if my photos cause wanderlust, but these are too beautiful not to share!!!

Corona del Mar Beach at Sunset

December 2014 281December 2014 285December 2014 231

December 2014 311December 2014 220December 2014 320

Huntington Beach at sunset

December 2014 341 December 2014 344 December 2014 370 December 2014 376 December 2014 377 December 2014 382 December 2014 383 December 2014 387 December 2014 392 December 2014 393 December 2014 394 December 2014 398 December 2014 405 December 2014 409 December 2014 414 December 2014 431 December 2014 436 December 2014 437

Crystal Cove State Park – Sunrise hike/run

December 2014 447 December 2014 450 December 2014 467 December 2014 481 December 2014 482

Babette’s Cafe in Newport Beach
December 2014 484

Santa Monica Pier

December 2014 493

I loved California and can’t wait to go back some day!

Have you ever been before? Where did you visit?

• Reply Kecia December 13, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Absolutely stunning photos!! It definitely makes me want to go for a visit!! The only places I’ve been in Cali are San Francisco, Yosemite and Napa Valley. My sister lives in the east bay, so we always visit SF. I definitely need to branch out and visit other locations

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats December 13, 2014 at 5:26 pm

Great photos and timing of your trip!! I love California!! I have been all over. Being from Las Vegas we went to southern CA a lot. My mom is from Northern CA so we went up there a lot!! I would totally live there if it wasn’t so expensive! (But then everyone would) 🙂

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust December 14, 2014 at 2:23 am

Looks like you had a wonderful time! Were you with other co-workers or were you alone on this trip? I like those little work getaways that allow a mix of work and play. Glad you enjoyed your first trip to California… You were just south of me. 🙂

• Reply Abby December 14, 2014 at 4:53 pm

So great you had a rental car and time to explore some of the beach areas! I am definitely envious of people who get to live in such a stunning location!
    I’ve been to California a few times, but last year we covered the entire coast on our road trip. I never got sick of those sunsets 🙂

• Reply Cassie @ Rural Running Redhead December 15, 2014 at 4:25 pm

Gorgeous! 11-3 is an amazing time for a conference to be in session. I’ve been to the Bay Area and Yosemite, but now I think I need to go south, too!

• Reply erin December 22, 2014 at 12:58 am

Wanderlust FOR SURE 🙂 Gorgeous photos! I’ve only been to Cali once, but it was enough for me to know I’d love to live there. A close friend of mine recently moved to SF, so I think it’s time to take a trip west (or, we could go meet the Coeur ladies!) 🙂 I LOVE the Pacific Ocean… there’s something so mysterious and magical about it!

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:31 am

Hello I am so glad I found your blog page, I really found you by mistake, while I was looking on Digg for something
    else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say thanks for a incredible post and a all round
    thrilling blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t
    have time to go through it all at the minute but I have bookmarked it and also included your RSS feeds, so
    when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the great jo.