a fresh start

I personally believe New Years is not about making resolutions, it’s about getting a fresh start. There is something exciting about a ‘new year.’  That feeling of being able to start again with new goals and dreams… it’s kind of like pressing a ‘reset’ button.

Displaying photo.JPG

While I do have BIG goals and dreams for 2015, I’m not sharing those just yet:) What I am sharing is, my number one goal: to stay HEALTHY and STRONG in 2015! I know no one is invincible, and injuries happen, but my goal is to stay ahead of the game.  I haven’t given an update on my training in a while (soon enough!), but truth be told, my knee is MUCH better than it was one month ago.  I have been given the ‘green light’ to run again by my PT and Chiro and that is the best news going into 2015!

Since I can’t predict the future… all I can do is {hope} and {dream} that 2015 is my best year yet! Thank you for following me on my journey this year… it has honestly  meant the world to me.

Cheers to chasing even BIGGER dreams in 2015!

“There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind.”

― C.S. Lewis

• Reply Megan @ Meg Go Run January 1, 2015 at 1:00 pm

Have you read the book Ready to Run? My chiro/sports med guy recommended it it to me due to a lingering injury and it’s all about getting your body STRONG and injury free. I am so excited to read it. Just wondering if you checked it out yet, and if you thought it was beneficial.

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:29 pm

I haven’t read this book, but I am going to check it out… thank you!!! Always interested in reading books about running and staying injury free. Adding it to my list right now:) Let me know what you think if you get to it before me!

• Reply Megan @ Meg Go Run January 8, 2015 at 10:28 pm

I am a little farther along in it and I think it is going to be GOOD! I have already picked up some ideas… not fully implementing everything until I read the whole thing… then go back, reread, set up a plan… I am a planner.

• Reply Kecia January 1, 2015 at 1:59 pm

I’m so glad your knee is feeling better!! Congratulations on an amazing 2014 and here’s to an even better 2015!!

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:28 pm

Thanks girl!! here’s to a fantastic year for the both of us!

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats January 1, 2015 at 10:41 pm

Love it!! Definitely a fresh start! Love the new year!! Glad to hear your knee is feeling better!! Wishing you lots of fast miles in 2015 and staying injury free!

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Thanks Leslie!! Really appreciate it!! I wish we could just take a magic pill to stay injury free;) it will certainly take hard work!!

• Reply Hailey January 2, 2015 at 4:29 pm

I agree, I love the fresh start that a new year brings :). My number one health-related/performance goal is also to stay healthy and strong. 2015 has some crazy competition from last year for you, but I think you can get those big goals! Happy New Year!

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:27 pm

Absolutely!! Staying healthy and strong is KEY for a successful year. I find that as we get deep into training, we forget about the strong component, especially. This year will be TOUGH as far as competition goes, but I am ready for the challenge!! Thanks Hailey!! xo

• Reply Beth January 3, 2015 at 2:24 pm

Yay for being able to run and an amazing start to 2015!

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust January 4, 2015 at 2:26 am

I’m really glad to hear your knee is feeling better. I sense a really positive vibe from this post, as if there is some underlying excitement that you are “almost” ready to share. Can’t wait to hear what your goals are for 2015. I know they will be BIG as I would expect nothing less from you. 🙂 Enjoy every moment!!

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:25 pm

Thanks lady!! Yes allllmost ready to share my goals and dreams for 2015:) I’m so excited to follow your 2015 journey as well!

• Reply Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles January 5, 2015 at 8:13 pm

I know 2015 will be a big year for you Kristin, can’t wait to be along for the ride! xo

• Reply erin January 7, 2015 at 7:52 pm

Hooray for a healthy knee! So glad to hear that, friend. I love the freshness of a new year, too, and I know it’s going to be a great one for both of us, both triathlon and career wise 🙂 xo.

• Reply Kristin January 7, 2015 at 9:24 pm

Thank you my friend!! It’s going to be an amazing year for us… I couldn’t agree more… and yes, both triathlon and career wise, for sure:) xo

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:18 am

Good way of telling, and nice post to take facts about my presentation subject,
    which i am going to present in academy.