Six Places

Happy Friday! I’m taking off to New Hampshire in a few hours for my BIG training weekend.  Tomorrow I’ll be riding 100 miles in the mountains, in prep for the hilly IMMT course! After the century ride I’ll of course be doing a brick run:)  Sunday involves more biking and running!

10-day-you-challenge

For today’s ‘You’ Challenge post, I’ll be highlighting six places that I dream of travelling to.  I was very fortunate to travel to some really cool places at a young age.  I studied abroad in Australia for a semester and while I was there, I spent 10 days in New Zealand travelling around in an RV. On my way home to the US, I stopped in Fiji with some friends and spent a week on two different islands… all at the age of 21!  I definitely caught the travel bug after this and I realized how big the world is and how much travel can open your eyes.  Todd and I also went to Costa Rica on our honeymoon in 2012 and had a blast!

Here are some places on my travel wish list.  Most of these places involve adventure, obviously:)

1. Peru & the Inca Trail

2. Vancouver/ Britsh Columbia

3. The Cascades, Washington

4. Santorini, Greece

5. Grand Teton, National Park, Wyoming

6. Bali

What are some places you’ve always wanted to travel to?

• Reply Kecia July 25, 2014 at 8:47 pm

AH-MAZING!! I’ve always wanted to go to New Zealand and Thailand, but Bali looks BEAUTIFUL!! 🙂

• Reply Kristin July 29, 2014 at 1:43 pm

NZ is amazingggg… and yes, Bali is a dream vacay!

• Reply Nicole July 25, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Great list! I love to travel too! Inca trail is on my list for sure as well as Greece. We are heading to New Zealand this year which is a huge bucket list item for me!

• Reply Kristin July 29, 2014 at 1:43 pm

SO amazing you are going to NZ this year!! You are going to fall in love. It’s honestly the most beautiful place on earth.

• Reply erin July 26, 2014 at 12:07 am

Vancouver and Whistler as well as the Cascades are a few of my all-time favorite places; the mountains are magical. Having some serious IM Canada FOMO this weekend 🙂 Bali and Peru are tops on my list, too! Have a blast training this weekend!

• Reply Kristin July 29, 2014 at 1:42 pm

After seeing photos of IM Canada, I am dreaming of doing that race one day. Thanks Erin! glad peak week is over, lol 🙂

• Reply jill conyers July 26, 2014 at 9:21 am

Greece is at the top of my list! I’d love to go anywhere on your list. Dream vacations 🙂

• Reply Kristin July 29, 2014 at 1:41 pm

I would love to go to Greece one day, glad you agree:) !

• Reply Cassie @ Rural Running Redhead July 26, 2014 at 5:27 pm

All those places are on my list of places to go, too! The only one I’ve been to is the Tetons — once as a kid and once as an adult — but I’d love to go back. They’re only a day’s drive from me, so I should be able to get back there sometime.

• Reply Kristin July 29, 2014 at 1:40 pm

So jealous you can drive to the Tetons! If only travelling was cheap:)

• Reply Megan @ Meg Go Run July 28, 2014 at 3:17 am

We want to go to Hawaii, Europe, Australia, and of course, travel all over the USA in an RV!

• Reply Kristin July 29, 2014 at 1:39 pm

We also want to travel all over the US in an RV!

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust July 28, 2014 at 6:16 pm

Peru is definitely on my list! What did you think of Costa Rica and Fiji? I bet Fiji is a lot like Tahiti and Bora Bora. I want to go to British Columbia too. Maybe you, me, and Erin should all do IM Canada next year 😉

• Reply Kristin July 29, 2014 at 1:39 pm

LOVED Costa Rica! We went to two different locations, mountains and beach, perfect combo! Costa Rica is a great place for active couples and each day we did something different i.e. waterfall repelling, horseback riding, surfing, etc. Fiji was gorgeous, but there wasn’t much to do except sit on the beach. We did snorkeling and kayaking, but not much else. I agree about IM Canada, the three of us should do it! I just wish it wasn’t a plane ride away:(

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats July 30, 2014 at 4:00 pm

I loved New Zealand and Costa Rica!!! I am dying to go to South America and Barcelona!!!
    BC and the Cascades are amazing!!!
    I also vote that you, Erin, and Kristen should do IM Canada next year!! Dan wants to go up and support a friend. I want to go up and do all the fun things that Whistler has to offer without having to worry about the race!!! 🙂 You ship your bike with Tribike Transport! They are amazing!! 🙂

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:43 am

Hello! I know this is somewhat off topic but I was wondering if you knew where
    I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form?

I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having trouble finding one?
    Thanks a lot!