My {Seven Wants} in life.

Continuing with the “YOU” Challenge, today I’m talking about Seven Wants in my life.  It’s hard for me  to narrow down all the things I want in life, because I am a dreamer.

10-day-you-challenge

I believe that anything is possible and no dream is too small.  This being said, my wants align with my dreams… I want big things out of life.

1. To always be of optimal health and fitness levels.

Kristin Lawhorn 7.7.14 051

2. To always be able to race.  I love racing and competing!  I don’t ever want to give up racing.  I know I don’t have kids yet, but I will be one of those mom’s (maybe one day) that has my OWN goals in life and doesn’t just live through their children.

3.To wake up one day when I’m 85 years old and say, damn I’ve lived a good life.

Kristin's iPhone 5.27.14 250

4. To be financially secure.  I know money is NOT everything, but I want to be at a place where I don’t have to WORRY about paying for the small stuff. I don’t need to live like a princess, but I want security.

Money Saving Quote

5. To be an inspiration to others.

6. To be at peace with myself and have more self-confidence. I’m getting better at this, but I’m not quite there yet.

7. To follow my dreams and find a career that doesn’t feel like work.

DNA Connexions: New Thought! Friday, July 6, 2012 "Three Simple Rules"

What are your wants in life?

• Reply Hailey July 18, 2014 at 9:47 pm

You’re an inspiration to me! I love reading about your training and hearing about your races and hearing about obstacles you face and how you overcome them. 🙂

• Reply Kristin July 22, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Thank you Hailey, you are so sweet!

• Reply Megan @ Meg Go Run July 19, 2014 at 1:49 pm

I would love to be financially secure as well. I feel pretty secure as long as something catastrophic doesn’t happen! But that’s the thing about catastrophes… you never know when they are going to happen! It’s hard.

• Reply Kristin July 22, 2014 at 8:21 pm

Yes it’s very scary to think about the ‘what if’s’ when it comes to life.. and money of course. You just never know!

• Reply Desiree July 19, 2014 at 9:48 pm

These are great. I especially like #2. It is a pet peeve of mine when my kids friends parents do EVERYTHING for their kids and have no goals of their own. I see this all the time. They think I’m that crazy running lady. I am a firm believer in balance in a family. My hubby golfs, my daughter is in the marching band, my son runs XC and band, and I run. We all support each other and it can be done. As for my wants, I would like to get back into my racing shape I was in 6 years ago. My mind and doubt are holding me back at the moment so working on that. Great post and thanks for the inspiration.

• Reply Kristin July 22, 2014 at 8:23 pm

I’m glad you agree with me about #2 AND you have kids! I think you have to decide for yourself early on (when having kids) that you are still going to live your own life. I know I can’t speak from experience, but I like to think I will still go for my own goals! I will be that crazy running lady, that’s for sure:) I love to hear how active your family is and how you all support one another!

• Reply Cassie @ Rural Running Redhead July 21, 2014 at 3:49 pm

“To wake up one day when I’m 85 years old and say, damn I’ve lived a good life.” Yes, yes, yes. I want to say that, too, not be sitting in my rocking chair with a huge list of “I wish I would’ves”.

• Reply Kristin July 22, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Exactly! I don’t want to have any big regrets when I get to be that old… no thank you!

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust July 21, 2014 at 5:39 pm

These are fantastic, Kristin. I can honestly say that I agree with all of them, particularly #2 because I want to continue living my dreams, even after kids.

• Reply Kristin July 22, 2014 at 8:24 pm

Thanks Kristen!! I firmly believe we will still be able to live our dreams even with kids, I like to think it’s just who we are!

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats July 23, 2014 at 3:56 am

Those are great wants!! All of them sound great to me! 🙂 I like to live life to the fullest! No regrets! I would also love to change careers and actually be happy at work!! That is my dream!!

• Reply Kristin July 23, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I hope we can both find our dream careers:)

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:17 am

you are in reality a good webmaster. The web site loading speed is amazing.
    It kind of feels that you are doing any unique trick. Moreover, The
    contents are masterwork. you’ve performed a great activity in this subject!