Happy (almost) July 4th! I am looking forward to a long weekend this weekend! I have tomorrow off from work and will be spending time in New Hampshire with my husband and my parents. This July 4th weekend will be a little more busy and less relaxing given that I have a BIG training weekend ahead of me. Although, who am I kidding? I’m never one to relax anyway:) I won’t have access to a computer tomorrow, so I thought I would continue with my next post for the ’10 Day You’ Challenge‘, today!
Here are NINE loves in my life:
1. My husband and best friend, Todd. I don’t know where I would be without this man, especially at this crazy busy time in my life. Todd and I have been together for eight years now and married for (almost) two. He is my rock, my biggest supporter… he keeps me on my toes and is always there for me… I would be lost without him.
2. Our fur-child, Oliver. This dog is our baby and we treat him like a child. I have never loved an animal so much, he is everything to us. Todd and I always talk about how ‘obsessed’ we are with our dog.. .it’s true, we just love him so much!
3. My Family. I have really enjoyed getting closer to my parents as I’ve gotten older. I see them more as friends than parents at this point in my life, and it’s so fun. I’ve also loved seeing the bond form between my father and Todd. My sister and I aren’t super close but I love her dearly. My brother lives in Chicago and I miss him and think of him often!
4. Running. I was a runner before becoming a triathlete, and it’s still my favorite sport. Running is my therapy and it’s where I get my thoughts out… nothing beats a good run:)
5. Triathlons. I guess this also includes running, but I think it has to have it’s own line on my list. I have been competing in tri’s for 6+ years now and I have been in love with the sport since the beginning. I am one of those people who got ‘hooked’ after their first tri. Now that I’m training for my first Ironman, I have fallen in love with the sport even more!
6. Mountains. If I had the choice to live in the mountains or on a beach for the rest of my life, I would hands down pick the mountains. Hiking in New Hampshire definitely sparked my love for mountains. There is no greater feeling than standing on top of a mountain that you’ve just spent hours hiking up… I get chills just thinking about it.
7. Animals. My love for animals started at a very young age. We always had animals in the house growing up… guinea pigs, gerbils, dogs, rabbits, etc. I have this huge love for animals and try to help animals in need whenever I can. Todd and I volunteer with a few Westie Rescue Organizations by fostering Westies in need of a home… it is very rewarding when they find their forever home.
8. Fresh Air. I seriously LOVE being outside. I really don’t understand people who like being indoors all the time… it makes no sense to me. I know my love of the outdoors started at a young age, growing up with a big back yard and playing outside all the time with my siblings. My love for fresh air really suffers with my day job (cube farm). My dream is to find a job where I can be outside more often!
9. Cooking. I love to cook healthy and yummy recipes! Cooking and eating healthy is a huge passion of mine, and I truly enjoy preparing meals! I believe in this mantra: Eat Clean and Exercise Daily. I believe in eating only foods that I can pronounce and I focus on REAL food in my cooking.
What do you love in your life?