This week has been crazy busy with work (+ training) and I’m glad it’s almost over… I’m exhausted! I have an Olympic distance race on Sunday, the Mass State Triathlon! I’ve never done this race before, but I hear it’s a good one and tends to have a competitive field. I look forward to racing a ‘shorter’ distance race and seeing how I perform. I feel like I could do an Olympic Triathlon in my sleep, so hopefully it goes well! I can’t believe this is my last race before IMMT (holy smokes!). I will be sure to post a race report next week! Wish me luck:)
Continuing with the “10 Day You Challenge” today, here are my EIGHT biggest fears. This is a good topic for me, since I tend to worry about everything in life (my husband can vouch for that).
1. Getting cancer. I probably think about getting cancer some day, more than the average person, so I think. I feel like every single day I hear that another person is diagnosed and it really frightens me. I know that exercising and eating healthy might keep some cancers away, but honestly, you NEVER know… and this is a huge fear of mine. It’s in your cells and it freaks me out, big time.
2. My parents dying young. I worry especially about my father. He has worked his ass off his entire life, doing manual labor, running his own business… I see how beyond stressed out he is (all the time). I just get worried about him and his health. I want my parents to live for a long time, and my fear is that they might not.
3. Oliver (our dog) dying. I want Oliver to live a long life and stay healthy. He is already a super-fit Westie, but I hear stories of dogs getting cancer or some other disease and this makes me nervous. He means the world to Todd and I and I can’t stand the thought of him leaving Earth one day
4. Bugs. I am literally paranoid of bugs, especially spiders. It took me years to be OK with camping, for the mere fact that spiders might go in my tent. We also live in an older house, and get are fair share of spiders indoors (like last night on the ceiling above our bed!). I hate them so much and I don’t mind killing them (or any bug… unless it’s a butterfly, ladybug or caterpillar of course).
5. Anything to do with being pregnant and being a mom. I am really scared of the thought of being pregnant one day… and being a mom. The thought of something living and growing inside me still freaks me out, but I am starting to think more positively about it. I am REALLY afraid for the changes my body will go through (if I get prego some day), and what my body will look like after pregnancy. I honestly worry that I will never look the same and this scares me. I am also really scared of being a mom… I worry I won’t be a good mother. The thought of our lives completely changing with a child completely freaks me out.
6. Not having enough money to live comfortably. I don’t need to be super rich in life, but I want to be able to buy things I want (within reason) and not be stressed about paying the next bill. I want financial freedom and I am scared at the thought of not having it. I know this comes with time, we are still so young, but it is a HUGE fear. I know that money does NOT bring happiness, but it sure as hell helps.
7. That I’ll never get to live in another part of the country. I am from Massachusetts, went to college in Virginia, studied abroad in Australia, and then came home to Massachusetts. While I do love it here, and I love having ALL of our family here, there is a teeeeny part of me that wants to live somewhere else. I have dreams of living in Colorado or Washington… I feel like those places would be a perfect fit for us. I just don’t want to get old and regret not living anywhere but New England.
8. Not being able to run or do Triathlons. I’m sure you all know why I have this fear, but the thought of not being able to run or race Triathlons, makes me stomach turn. I’ve been injured, had surgery, taken many weeks off… but it’s never been forever. If something ever happened to me where I could run or race (let alone exercise) I think I would need to be put in one of those padded rooms in a psychiatric hospital… I would be devastated.
What are your fears?