30 Days

I had to pinch myself this morning when I saw today is July 17th, 2014.  I have exactly 30 days until IMMT, is this really happening?!

30 Days from right now, I will be somewhere on the course, most likely the bike, hammering away at the mountains in Tremblant Quebec.  If all goes well, 30 days from today I will be an IRONMAN!

Seven years ago, when I finished my first triathlon (a sprint tri in my hometown), I never thought I would do an Ironman.  I was brand new to the sport and I thought you had to be a superhuman/genetic freak to do an Ironman.  Fast forward to now, I am one of those superhumans and I am damn proud of it.  To say I am obsessed with this sport is an understatement.

I feel like I am made for this.

Here is a quote I’m loving today, that’s getting me pumped up for these next 30 days!

“I am building a fire, and everyday I train, I add more fuel. At just the right moment, I light the match.”

-Mia Hamm

Have a great Thursday!!

• Reply Jamie @ couchtoironwoman July 17, 2014 at 4:28 pm

30 days!!! So exciting!!

• Reply Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles July 17, 2014 at 4:56 pm

Woohoo! I am SO excited for you and you are right, you were born to do this! I love that quote from Mia Hamm, she was my idol growing up playing soccer.

• Reply Kristin July 18, 2014 at 1:28 am

thanks Sara!!! I just fell in love with that quote when I saw it, so perfect

• Reply Courtney @The TriGirl Chronicles July 17, 2014 at 5:52 pm

That quote is awesome, love it! Yeah for the 30 day count down!!!!

• Reply Kristin July 18, 2014 at 1:28 am

So glad you like it! It’s honestly one of my favorite quotes right now:)

• Reply Megan @ Meg Go Run July 17, 2014 at 7:51 pm

Wow girl, I loooooove that quote. It is so inspiring!

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats July 23, 2014 at 3:50 am

30 days!!!! YAY!!!! It is going to be here before we know it!! I am so excited for you! You have been training so hard! It is going to be such an awesome day! I can’t wait to see what you think of the MT course!
    That is an awesome quote. I usually say we are just banking miles to be cashed in on race day! Kind of the same!!! 🙂

• Reply Kristin July 23, 2014 at 1:22 pm

I know.. it’s sooo close now, eek!! I love your saying about banking miles, that’s perfect:)

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:19 am

You ought to take part in a contest for one of the finest
    websites online. I will recommend this website!