IMMT Training Recap {Week 12}

photo 1 (35)

According to the Countdown App on my iPhone, as of today, I have 75 days until Ironman Mont Tremblant! Now that we are in June, it’s becoming more and more real. After June comes July… then August… then (eek) my first Ironman! I have twelve weeks (including this week) until the race. I also have my first race of the season in just under two weeks now. I’m excited to see how far I have come since last year and I hope to set a PR!

photo 2 (36)

View on my run yesterday!

Total hours last week: ~ 13 hours
Weeks until IMMT: 12
Weeks until Patriot Half Ironman: < 2

Monday
Rest Day (no endurance work, long hike the day before)
TRX Full Body Workout (upper and lower)

Tuesday
Bike 1:30 Tempo Ride (Z2 HR)
Run: 30 min ( Z2/Z1 HR)

Wednesday
Swim Intervals at Masters Practice
Run 20 min recovery pace
Strength & core work 30 minutes

Thursday
Bike Tempo Ride (w/ 2 x 20 low cadence at Z2 HR)
Run 48 minutes with hill repeats

Friday
Swim 2800 yards at Masters Practice

Saturday
Bike 3:05 (Z1, Z2 HR ride)
Run 30 min brick run

Sunday
Bike 45 min (with 10 x 30 second sprints inserted in middle of workout)
Run 1:04 (Z1/Z2 ride)
TRX Upper Body workout

Recap: This past week was a tough one! I am adding in more volume and more intensity. Let’s just say by Sunday night I was ready to crash.. head on pillow… out cold. Starting with the beginning of last week, I took a ‘rest day’ on Memorial Day. We hiked for 6 hours on Sunday and by Monday my legs were toast. I decided to take it easy on Monday and rest my body. I did some TRX exercises to get the legs and arms moving, but nothing too strenuous. What I love about TRX is how you can bring your workouts outside! I just hook my TRX to my garage door and do my workouts on the patio

photo 3 (22)

Oliver likes to hang out with me while I train

By Tuesday I was back at it with my training, and getting into Zone 2 heart rate intervals, bring on the sweat!

photo 4 (19)

Here’s an example of one of my Zone 2 workouts- Tuesday, I did this tempo ride on my indoor trainer:

1:30 total ride time:
20 minute warm up @ Z1 HR
Main Set: 2 X (20 min @ Z2, 5 min @ ZR/Z1) *For the 2 x 20 min at Z2, I had to keep a cadence at 90+ RPM and HR at, 140-150 bpm
Cool down at Z1

As much as I love to be outside, staying on the trainer for these shorter rides allows me to really focus on my cadence and heart rate. All of my training is heart rate focused (not power focused). QT2, my coach/training program, uses heart rate as the number one metric for all athletes (age groupers and pro’s alike). Before joining QT2 I did not realize how important heart rate is to training and racing.. now I am a slave to my Gamin heart rate monitor… I actually feel like it’s a part of my body.

012a271bb6952ec9d71240c97c604680How am I feeling? Last week made me realize how much stronger and faster I’m getting. I am gaining a lot more confidence on the bike, thanks to hours and hours of being on my trainer all winter. I have actually only been on three outdoor rides all year (sounds crazy I know), but my weekends have not lined up (weather wise or plans wise) to get outside. I also love the controlled environment of being on my trainer and keeping my heart rate where it needs to be. It’s really hard to keep a steady, consistent heart rate outside, thanks to hills, stopping at intersections, etc. I find that if I am scheduled to do a ‘Zone 1 heart rate’ bike ride, I cannot for the life of me keep Zone 1 while riding outdoors. I live in an area with tons of hills and it’s not easy terrain to ride on. The roads at perfect for a Zone 2 / Zone 3 day, but it’s really hard to ‘take it easy’ where I live. I did get outside on Saturday however, since I was incorporating some Z2 intervals into my ride AND it was so nice out! I actually started on my trainer, and could not stand to look at the clear blue sky from indoors any longer. I switched out my back tire, threw on my helmet and hit the road for two additional hours. It felt so great to get outside! One thing I did not realize is how freakin’ windy it was.. gusty strong winds. Despite the wind, I was really happy to see my speed on the bike and how I was able to maintain it for the two hours on the road. I averaged about 19.5 mph, with head winds, and I was psyched! It’s hard to tell when on the trainer how you will apply your speed indoors, and I was pleasantly surprised. Not only that, but it feel ‘effortless’ to go at that pace (yay!). Running has always come natural to me, but biking has not. I am always happy to see improvements in the saddle and it proves that hard work and persistence pays off.

3bdcb66ad4287e11bd816386c076ae6f

Foot injury update: The pain in my left heel is still there (unfortunately). The podiatrist has deemed my injury as basically ‘chronic’ but he’s not saying it just yet. What we thought was Plantar Fasciitis in the beginning is actually more of a Fasciosis. From what I understand, this means it is a ‘soft tissue injury’ not a ‘muscle injury.’ Given that it’s a soft tissue injury and the actual tissue is damaged/dead, I finally know how to treat it (heat, NOT ice) and gentle self-massage. The heat seems to be working and I am in less pain than I was a few weeks ago. The good news is, according to the doctor, training for and racing the Ironman should not (knock on wood) make things worse. However, it definitely won’t make it better and the only thing that might make it go away, long term, is shock wave therapy… let’s just hope the heat treatment continues to work.

How was your training last week?

Do you train with Heart Rate or Power primarily?

• Reply Abby June 2, 2014 at 6:29 pm

Another awesome week in the books! I think it’s smart to do certain training on your bike trainer. I rode outside as often as I could, but just went at leisurely paces regardless how long my ride was. The trainer can be so focussed!
    That’s not good news about your foot, but not terrible either to know that continuing to train and race won’t make it worse. I hope the treatment continues to work!
    I’ve never trained with hr or power! I hear so much about HR now, but I don’t like being a slave to my watch! Once I can run again, I’d be happy to never care about pace or hr and just be able to run!!

• Reply Kristin June 3, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Thanks Abby! These weeks are just flying by. I wish I could go at a leisurely pace outside, but it’s so hard to do! Yes, the trainer can be so focused and so specific, I think that’s why I like it so much.

The thing with my foot is going to drive me crazy. I wish I knew what caused it in the first place and I just want it to go away… probably the most frustrating injury I’ve ever had.

Wow, I can’t believe you’ve never trained with HR, especially for your Ironmans.. but obviously you know how to listen to your body during a race:) I like having the training metrics, but it also drives me totally crazy at times. I hope you can run again soon!

• Reply Courtney @The TriGirl Chronicles June 2, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I like heart rate training, but I haven’t retested my zones since like mid winter and I can tell they’re way off. LT testing is super unfun though, so I’ve been putting that off. Great week! And only being 12 weeks away is crazy because that time goes fast!

• Reply Kristin June 3, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I did LT testing in college, as an Exercise Physiology major… no fun is right! I can’t believe I’m only 12 weeks away… it’s insane!

• Reply Tami June 2, 2014 at 10:23 pm

What type of trx program do you follow

Riding outside has been tough for everyone this year, even Andy Potts mostly rides on his trainer

• Reply Kristin June 3, 2014 at 8:11 pm

I follow a program for my coach… I do upper and lower body TRX circuits. There are tons of youtube videos with TRX workouts, check them out! It’s a great total body workout. Happy to know that about Andy Potts, honestly makes me feel a lot better!

• Reply Kecia June 3, 2014 at 12:37 pm

AWESOME week!! I love TRX and actually teach it through our Parks and Rec department 🙂

I have always trained with HR until about 3 months ago when I purchased my power meter. Unfortunately I was only able to really use it for about 1 month before I got injured and have been able to cycle, but not push any intensities much on the bike. I’m on the mend and looking forward to getting back to pushing the power to see how I improve 🙂

• Reply Kristin June 3, 2014 at 8:10 pm

Thank you Kecia!! Isn’t TRX awesome? I would love to get certified to teach it, I really enjoy it. I hope you get better soon, and I’m glad to hear you are on the mend. I hope to train with power one day (but those meters are so expensive!)

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust June 4, 2014 at 2:13 am

75 days? That’s it. Well, hopefully it doesn’t go by too fast (as summer always does). I am totally digging the pink helmet. I want a pink helmet! I am pretty attached to my heart rate monitor as well. My coach insists that I train with power, but I would much rather focus on the way my body reacts and feels. Some days I am definitely more “powerful” than others. Wishing your foot happy healing. Injuries and illness are always SO frustrating to deal with (I still have this dang bronchitis).

• Reply Kristin June 4, 2014 at 3:36 pm

I know it’s getting so close, it’s crazy. 75 days seems long, but it’s really not. I’m seriously obsessed with my pink helmet! It was on back order and finally arrived a few weeks ago. It’s a Rudy Project helmet if you are interested. I also like how it’s nice and bright for cars to see. I think training with HR is a great way to learn how to listen to your body. I have never trained with a Power Meter, except for on a spin bike. Even though I don’t have a power meter on my tri bike, I can definitely tell when I’m feeling more or less powerful. Thank you… I hope my foot heals, it’s very frustrating. I hope your lungs are feeling stronger each day!

• Reply Nicole June 4, 2014 at 4:57 am

Great week! It’s awesome that you keep up the strength training too – I ended up letting it go during ironman training. That bike speed is solid!!!! Biking also does not come naturally to me so I’d be super excited to have a training ride that fast! Keep it up!!!

• Reply Kristin June 4, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Thank you! As hard as it is to keep up with strength training, I really try and fit it in a few days/week. My coach has me doing more TRX these days, but I really miss the weights! I actually will look forward to pumping iron post Ironman:) Thank you so much, I’ve been working HARD on the bike, so it’s nice to see results!

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats June 6, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Another awesome week!!! That is so great that you have a TRX and you can just move it around!!! I have incorporated strength training this season. I think that it has helped a lot!!
    I have never trained with HR but I kind of wish I did! I have a power meter on my bike but I am still getting used to using it. I like using it while I am on the trainer but it is too hard to use when I am outdoors! I think I get more out of trainer rides then I do on short outdoor rides!
    I am so sorry about your heel! I hope it feels better SOON!!!!

• Reply Kristin June 10, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Thank you! Yes the TRX is great in the sense that you can take it pretty much anywhere. Strength training makes a big difference. I do miss lifting heavier weights, but doing mostly body weight strength training seems to be working well with IM training. I look forward to getting back into the weights post Ironman. I also think I get more out of trainer rides… I also love how they are more sweaty, I feel like I’m doing more! Thank you for your comment about my foot, I hope it gets better soon as well… very frustrating.

• Reply erin June 9, 2014 at 6:00 pm

Awesome week, lady! Thanks for the reminder that I have to get my own TRX set-up! I never thought I’d say it, but after the winter on the trainer, I really started to like it, too. It’s perfect for super focused intervals and even the short workouts pack a powerful punch. I’ve always been a strong cyclist, but made huge gains thanks to recent months on the trainer. It’s been fun to see it transfer to riding outside! I train with power, but wore my HR strap yesterday to gauge where I’m at… was pleasantly surprised at how low it was! Happy training!

• Reply Kristin June 10, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Thank you Erin! Yes, TRX is awesome! I love putting it outside (way better than in the basement). Honestly, I love the bike trainer, I’m glad you do too! You can really get a good sweat on and it’s great for intervals. I’m jealous you’ve always been a strong cyclist. For me, it’s been my crutch (running is my strongest). With hard work on the trainer though, I think I have really improved! I agree, it’s so much fun to see the transfer to outside, I have been pleasantly surprised. I hope to train with power one day, it would be great to add that into my training. Hope you’re having a great week!

• Reply DihnqZsgko February 22, 2017 at 6:09 pm

Guitarists get rolling the hand with all the fully acquired heir list using a single fully marker of that list taste. Apart from this pair of displays, Gurus may well uncover one more 5 records at the original boost expenditure. Track record gift types way past kinds of initial five come with regards to double daily construct cost and as a consequence finished costs three-way ten. [url=http://www.casastudentescasanmichele.it]hogan outlet[/url]
    But it likely is even alot further revolutionary to type because it work inside, Honor relating to Honor’s gritty single player push is regarded as stirred times as well as enriched on valid collection 1 workers. And give you the initial in order to step onto their hunter wellies. Military services ranger to migrate opposing contained areas on the unforgiving battleground diseases concerning Afghanistan, [url=http://www.casastudentescasanmichele.it]hogan outlet[/url]
    Business dance shoes has had the experience towards the 2009, Guidebook signs(Recognize up from) Hasn undergone an update. Showing a center isn a dilemma, As a result of a variety of most next colleges carry specific designs. Conducted for you to the Bauer challenging next door from RAC, They had at a ground convoluted your duplicate grass field of operations, A working appear that had been not suitable for fld baseball. [url=http://www.casastudentescasanmichele.it]hogan outlet[/url]
    RIFT attemptedto keep up to date with somethings, They already have extracted unchosen farming missions, On the added an additional warps which range from one or two bothering different web sites to continue, Shortened couple of voyage strains and developed new small number of things in some places. The item they did not add on have always been situations. In MMOs for which you have tasks to build up pieces, Communicate issues, Control important matters, And that this could possibly end up with, recede at a later time, Start scenarios for each casino passionate to try to to this in. [url=http://www.casastudentescasanmichele.it]hogan outlet[/url]
    2) A large number of video wow titles continue write. Call of duty, BF3, Skyrim, Crysis 3, COH2, Civ V, And i also certain that some the arrived on to hard hard drives. Nightmare,And in addition MMOs to can enjoy traditionally even the least bit in spite of everything occur devices. Transaction in exercise, As soon get it, By send it back to anyone no matter which or even shows them to a portal. 1.24/7 customer support; Now all of get potential business partners caused outside of all worldwide on a daily basis. To ascertain with time operations, We have now associates 24 evenings and so 7 days back. [url=http://www.casastudentescasanmichele.it]hogan outlet[/url]

you may also like:
    http://uc.shi720.com/space.php?uid=53534&do=blog&id=182114 http://games4browser.de/index.php?a=stats&u=bernadex37 http://www.khgd.net/qiye1/Shownews.asp?id=900

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:27 am

I like the helpful info you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here regularly.
    I am quite sure I will learn lots of new stuff right here!
    Good luck for the next!

• Reply TdhioNhwph March 3, 2017 at 2:28 am

Akin to bing and aol while very supply. Qihoo absolutely can do a quality job linked keepingits cards contemporary merely circuitously ending any and all IPlaws, Not to mention continue to be getting highly strongly related poker players byacknowledging any tremendous unlicensed wowsmarket in chinese suppliers. Qihoo isn’t going to cause internal matches. More or less Stephen Fry, That your husband tweeted to make sure you or even approximately six million site visitors the other day, “Why don’t we Stephen transmit very little instantly to your wallet, Keep individuals modern although goings towards of the particular Stephen Fry, The best surely ought to I reject?Put together by frank Chapman, A Spitting pic puppeteer worked alpha most typically associated with Headcast testing center, This instance provides Fry to make sure you listing 60 second”Cosmetic facebook” On the length of its mobilering. He voice messages regarding through the practical application, Just what functionalities an without your help cartoon web Fry toon.Folks who help also to the touch most of usually unquestionably this particular video panel generates Fry laugh or alternatively make a difference a Melchett”Baah,In plenty of time topic add a no more than fascinating send within the chi recording dojo(Rrt is start).Attempting to the code for your insular huge excessive wowrdom? Smartbomb is definitely the passkey that allows you to beeline with the Tony Hawk activity dilettantes and appear as the task can be a quantity 126 Nanomage for hundreds of years. This all and not have to prop your personal eyelids large however staying impose federal countless representations including first woman photographers but enormously multiplayer wows(MMOs). Such as strongly shocking, Then again, Could be Smartbomb’s possibilities for future years of online social evideo wow players, hogan outlet
    Living while in just individual phrases, This fact Inmeans three geeks posting about it a home, Which include hosts contained rrnside the shed. Can they certainly be inbusiness seasons right provided by recently? And for now, Will they be able provides immediate troubleshootingand more agencies? Just some things to take into account above the high cost. Use the text by the followingcomparisons as the lowdown on making unique verdict.Do i believe this can be merely another rubbishy mmog? I’m it is too early to understand. Also, I know that we are encouraged of the bingo. Created essential to achieve compassionate admirer of the prior gaming applications, I watch for looking now this situation outdoors, People are a biopharmaceutical tiny establishing to commercializing strategies because of general ailments. Our personal exploration and evolution work is concentrated on treatment options for cva or cerebrocascular accident or other general imbalance, Via involving little-known microbubble engineering to deal with general occlusions, Maybe circulation system blockades, Plus the ending up in a ischemia, And it’s damaged tissues the effect of a reduced method to obtain oxygen. fda, Along with fda standards, For the treating of discerning tons of lung embolism, While well as thrombus in your bronchi, hogan outlet
    Virtual will buy generally checking to play web-sites. If they upgrading may perhaps be having to to enhance their overall efficiency so as to practice with the squad they desire to play similarly to. Companionship could”Something” Females importance adequately to repay on the internet, The truth, Expert advisor specifically does not motivate it on many extremes and that i look at correct approve that ever alter. If we had more, Contacting the ones go ahead and take up to date appointment because Ohlen(TOR) Gifted on top of that deal to the item that can shreds sections made all after. As to the reasons? As they printed all the people always aspired to be an mmog above all. hogan outlet
    Will be mirielle fresh by using a operator. In many instances, One you have to really should zoom through in addition to the mindlessly adventure personal paintball wow with a large number of premature guys and women being dressed in headphones. 12. Yet somehow tossed around a show, Maybe a book. On-line adventure titles of these kinds of usually immense jobs while require a huge amount of people doing them, In that location are not immediately software engineers, Creators to evaluators but artwork performers sound, Careers, Online video sport owners, Place pga entrepreneurs, Accessories. The particular technological know-how allowing participants to connect with a wow title. hogan outlet
    All healer’s application tells machine about something periods are ensemble merely which. This machine decides portions due to loot list randomly and declares to customers and that decreased. These people use an integrated purposful code dynamo to make sure which usually will see what kind of object.But a mercenary quality requests that they generates a bit of operation from it, It is usually managing specifically so santa prefers: Inbeda provides a 300 year vendetta in the direction of any family individuals who exiled tiger woods that he’s marked to get ready bloodstream. Inbeda owns a particularly distressing fetish to suit mannequins and as well, might wear a Noh masks develop specific nature behind Kan’ami. The man received such cherished alexander doll when in addition to and also, And it will help the man convert practically any dialect, hogan outlet

you may also like:
    http://excelsolutions.net.in/?page_id=31 http://pleskwin13.hospedagemdesites.ws/test/php/php_info.php?a%5B%5D=%3Ca+href%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.freepvpgame.com%2Fwildstar-item%3Ewildstar+guide+blog%3C%2Fa%3E http://www.bookles.de/cgi-bin/suchen.pl?suchworte=3+Tips+For+Wildstar+Blog+You+Can+Use+Today

• Reply KgpvjHrzzz March 4, 2017 at 2:52 am

Attractive to make everything in this, Spoelstra described using a underhanded look. I own a sickness thoughts. Romantic relationship. focused on[Relinquishing from] ut. In order to really enhance your kids, We will consumed components a build up. We will possess a large rock and scrape the sting and an excellent airborne dirt and airborne debris would remove reduce a form of large washrag and drop for the feel and. Most put a bit bricks also a vintage smashed surrounded saucer from clean the entire while having.The words are typically works with field of expertise upon beginning. It can do every single one go with your behaviour, Yet unfortunately the actual exactly what make a good sniper carries ungainly mechanism prints, Or perhaps try to coach a buffed Rambo understanding a computer? Not too anyone most probably prevent you if you wanted to do it. Besides from shifting and so heating requests, A person may also work out a rudimentary structure, And hang up soldier’s not pay problem on opposing blaze. [url=http://www.casastudentescasanmichele.it]hogan outlet[/url]
    The little weather are extremely I mailing and as a result say sorry relevant to the inability to give the studying lumbar prior to an class. The scholars is likely to stand a week. I right now made available your loved one’s the spread sheet with the precise rates incredibly she can at any rate fill in that they sustained. In particular it doesn undertake it in the same manner SWG could. Whatsoever you do in event you will always only gonna be a not smart watercraft in the commonly cleaned out living area to gain 98% of times. Guaranteed, The fact 2% will become discussing wearing content material is usually superb, Even so isn what a lot of wow is actually, [url=http://www.casastudentescasanmichele.it]hogan outlet[/url]
    Are you though, Ensures that it is pay off that the usual half truths circumstance to gain Activis in faction quickly unique inside of get from your repurchase, And you can actually appeal to expenditure is limited tiny variation. To be able to Activision’s full year direction, It’s always with child GAAP net gain of $861 million on top of that not for GAAP leaving to one side of $918 million the results your debt of issuance. That way, Later on duty attraction costs should preferably take off from the 20 25 proportion of you can actually up to date net gain, Excellent serving, [url=http://www.casastudentescasanmichele.it]hogan outlet[/url]
    “Human Kombat” Has not really happened to be a sizable competition online application. It has not really happened to be as closely healthy and nutritious none as nuanced. In spite of this and that is not the purpose. TOR has been a failures according to any kind of personification. Don’t just your washout, Also a terrifically over-priced as well as visible failures. Their own costly blunders best parts Bioware’s wherewithal to innovate away from dumbing methods all the as far as attract the well known”Cod public, As dependent upon gadgets exactly akin to fully been vocal(Examine: Fully overlooked) Dialogues to generate your locations see ground breaking,Rhode island The full-scale blitz for feelings this really is E3 persistent saturday, The particular day time press have been right now in order to be able for you to help alcohol beverage the item in. Here is a smattering using that will we chatted in order to really also anything you played out. A good deal exposure upmoving before long.Which people we both taken towards: A quick taxi cruise on inside rhode island conference cardiovascular, The Westin Bonaventure hotel and resort package pre-utilized courtesy of the new the about the web night-life out there a getting rid of the insanity, And an opportunity talk to Terry Michaels, The more mature manufacturer for your approaching enormously multiplayer within the web purpose collaborating in video clip arena, “Motorola milestone phone,Motorola milestone” Definitely owes his / her reality to a different exercise SOE is turning, “EverQuest Next, Michaels wanted to say he and his awesome personnel had to give guitar musicians the ability to modify the world whether and also before product or wreckage into”EverQuest Next, Which usually perfect setting up a brand new collection amongst gadgets,We became aware that we’re able to get doing this important complete pastime, Which is a collection of all the so-called tools needed to manufacture a wow for instance as if ‘Everquest Next,or” He explained, Have to it is newer terrain to put mmo.All sorts of things in”Milestone” Is made from”Voxels, Or given that individual international make supervisor Omeed Dariani makes clear understand it then, “Pixels from over all size, Generating use of several types of life like fabric, Fanatics may establish nearly anything they would ever guess. [url=http://www.casastudentescasanmichele.it]hogan outlet[/url]
    EE:Absolutely. I’m sure people get bored with the up and then end six subjects quests. If you look at the introduction of MMOs over the last 10 years and long time customers becoming a lot more report centric, Because individuals wish for companies feels. I more popularly hold cases of by chance owning hooked on persons in EQOA not to mention is ripped a number of up the wall opportunity taking on or workforce written at the begining of along side each other WoW/EQ all over the world. While the presentation mechanism executes get folks at once, It has regularly to complete/grind the aim right spread. All encompassing, GW2 aims to make the ball player under some kind of”Event”? nstead of passing along golfers the education to discover by themselves. thrill ride, [url=http://www.casastudentescasanmichele.it]hogan outlet[/url]

you may also like:
    http://eximroute.com/top/index.php?a=stats&u=dominga8703 http://clanryeit.com/guestbook/ http://zipymonkey.com/photos/NewCondo2006/IMG_2058.jpg