Happy Friday! I thought I would start a new blog series this week, thanks to an idea from my friend Sara at Life Between the Miles. I was looking for something to ‘spice up’ my Friday posts, and I thought this would be perfect:
I plan to go through the series of topics, week by week on Friday’s. Feel free to join me with this series on your blog!
I’m starting today with 10 Secrets about me. I don’t really have anything juicy (ha!) but it might help you, my readers, get to know me better!
1. I still have not found a career I’m passionate about. My dream is to have my own business one day, something related to health and wellness. Right now I work for a pharmaceutical company, in an office… and I don’t like being confined to a desk 9-5, five days/week.
2. Patience is not my thing. Honestly, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being extremely patient, I’m about a 1. This applies to driving, waiting in line, etc…
3. I don’t have a motherly bone in my body and I’m still not sure about the ‘kid’ thing. I have never been one of those women that craves having a baby. I don’t like holding babies and I don’t really have that desire to be a mom just yet… The feeling of being a mom someday is starting to change a little bit, but it still scares the living heck out of me. It’s also driving me crazy that everyone I know in life and on Facebook is procreating.
4. Drinking alcohol is not really my thing. I love a glass of red wine (pinot noir) on the weekends, but other than that, I hate feeling drunk. I’ve actually always hated it, but in college, I gave into peer pressure. I got drunk a lot in my college years… now I barely touch the stuff.
5. I’ve never smoked a cigarette in my life and I NEVER will. I am always proud to share this fact about myself. I grew up with a Dad who smoked and I hated it so much, it made me angry all the time. Cigarettes seriously make me very angry… I DON’T get it. Ugh.
6. I haven’t consumed fast food since probably 1993. At a young age, I became aware of the dangers of eating fast food. Again, I could rant about this for hours. How do people eat that junk?
7. I wish I was closer to my sister (I’m not talking about distance). My sister and I are just two years apart and we have never gotten along. We are the definition of polar opposites and have never seen eye-to-eye. I like to think it will improve as we get older, but who knows…
8. My confidence is very low, unless I’m exercising or racing. In my daily life, I have low confidence and I really wish it would improve. However, when I am training and racing, I am in beast mode. I wish I could apply the way I feel when I exercise to my daily life. I hate feeling insecure.
9. I rather be ‘one of the guys’ than hang out with a group of women. I don’t know what it is, but hanging out with a group of women is enough to drive me insane. This is why going to things like bridal showers or jewelry parties is enough to make me cringe. I love my few close girlfriends, but other than that, other women drive me crazy… ha!
10. Continuing on with my point above, I love to be alone. Sure I like being social, at times, but I really treasure my alone time. I also obviously love spending time with my husband, but I’m perfectly fine when he’s not around… I just love peace and quiet. I can’t get by in life without my alone time.
There you have it! Feel free to join the series or share your ‘secrets’!