10 Day You Challenge! + 10 Secrets

Happy Friday! I thought I would start a new blog series this week, thanks to an idea from my friend Sara at Life Between the Miles. I was looking for something to ‘spice up’ my Friday posts, and I thought this would be perfect:

10-day-you-challenge

I plan to go through the series of topics, week by week on Friday’s. Feel free to join me with this series on your blog!

I’m starting today with 10 Secrets about me. I don’t really have anything juicy (ha!) but it might help you, my readers, get to know me better!

Sept 2013 269

1. I still have not found a career I’m passionate about. My dream is to have my own business one day, something related to health and wellness. Right now I work for a pharmaceutical company, in an office… and I don’t like being confined to a desk 9-5, five days/week.

2. Patience is not my thing. Honestly, on a scale of 1-10, 10 being extremely patient, I’m about a 1. This applies to driving, waiting in line, etc…

3. I don’t have a motherly bone in my body and I’m still not sure about the ‘kid’ thing. I have never been one of those women that craves having a baby. I don’t like holding babies and I don’t really have that desire to be a mom just yet… The feeling of being a mom someday is starting to change a little bit, but it still scares the living heck out of me. It’s also driving me crazy that everyone I know in life and on Facebook is procreating.

4. Drinking alcohol is not really my thing. I love a glass of red wine (pinot noir) on the weekends, but other than that, I hate feeling drunk. I’ve actually always hated it, but in college, I gave into peer pressure. I got drunk a lot in my college years… now I barely touch the stuff.

5. I’ve never smoked a cigarette in my life and I NEVER will. I am always proud to share this fact about myself. I grew up with a Dad who smoked and I hated it so much, it made me angry all the time. Cigarettes seriously make me very angry… I DON’T get it. Ugh.

6. I haven’t consumed fast food since probably 1993. At a young age, I became aware of the dangers of eating fast food. Again, I could rant about this for hours.  How do people eat that junk?

7. I wish I was closer to my sister (I’m not talking about distance). My sister and I are just two years apart and we have never gotten along. We are the definition of polar opposites and have never seen eye-to-eye. I like to think it will improve as we get older, but who knows…

8. My confidence is very low, unless I’m exercising or racing. In my daily life, I have low confidence and I really wish it would improve. However, when I am training and racing, I am in beast mode. I wish I could apply the way I feel when I exercise to my daily life. I hate feeling insecure.

9. I rather be ‘one of the guys’ than hang out with a group of women. I don’t know what it is, but hanging out with a group of women is enough to drive me insane. This is why going to things like bridal showers or jewelry parties is enough to make me cringe. I love my few close girlfriends, but other than that, other women drive me crazy… ha!

10. Continuing on with my point above, I love to be alone. Sure I like being social, at times, but I really treasure my alone time. I also obviously love spending time with my husband, but I’m perfectly fine when he’s not around… I just love peace and quiet. I can’t get by in life without my alone time.

There you have it! Feel free to join the series or share your ‘secrets’!

• Reply Courtney @The TriGirl Chronicles June 27, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Love this! I also lack serious patience, wish I was closer with my brother, and hate everyday that I spend tied to a desk 9-5.

• Reply Kristin July 8, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Thank you! Ugh the 9-5 is brutal…. need to find a way out!

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust June 28, 2014 at 4:48 am

I am joining you on this one, Kristin! Such a great idea. I feel like I could have copied and pasted almost all of these. I can particularly relate to 2, 3, and 8.

• Reply Kristin July 8, 2014 at 9:38 pm

So glad you’ve joined in on the fun and can relate to me!

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats June 28, 2014 at 5:58 pm

This is so awesome! I am totally in! I have been struggling to do something ” different” on the blog for a while! Love this idea! I knew I loved reading your blog. We have so much in common: especially 2,3,4!!!!

• Reply Kristin July 8, 2014 at 9:38 pm

So happy you’re joining the challenge!! I also was struggling for something different and I just love this idea. Excited to hear we have so much in common:)

• Reply Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles June 28, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Love these, especially the fact that I think I knew all of them about you with the exception that your Dad smoked??? Total shocker to me! I know we have talked about this before, but I never wanted to have kids and didn’t ever have that “omg, I HAVE to do this” moment but the minute I found out I was pregnant and then once I held Ashton, it all changed and I magically knew what to do. You know all too well how hard it was at times for me, but seriously its pretty freaking awesome! You and Todd will know when its right (if its ever right) for you guys! xo

• Reply Kristin July 8, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Thanks Sara… I feel like I can relate to you when it comes to the ‘having kids’ thing… since I know you were having the same feelings I am right now. I see what a joy Ash brings to your life, and it makes me want that joy some day… it just scared the heck out of me:)

• Reply Hailey June 28, 2014 at 9:37 pm

My dad used to smoke and even though he wasn’t allowed to smoke in the house growing up, my mom and pulmonologist used to get so mad because obviously that crap is stuck in your clothes and I had/have asthma. I seriously don’t get it how people continue to smoke. Babies are everywhere on my social media, and I feel weird for having no desire to have a baby right now. And sometimes team practices in college were honestly exhausting because other than my few friends and family, I’m definitely not a social butterfly and I need a break from them too sometimes haha. 🙂

• Reply Kristin July 8, 2014 at 9:41 pm

My Dad wasn’t allowed to smoke in the house either, but it was still disgusting smelling it on his clothes… so gross! That must have been hard for you, especially with you asthma:( Babies are everywhere.. .it’s driving me crazy, lol. Glad to hear you aren’t a social butterfly either… it can be exhausting hanging out with a bunch of people at at time!

• Reply Nicole June 28, 2014 at 10:44 pm

I learned a lot about your in your 10 secrets! Thank you for sharing and being honest!

From what I’ve learned in the short time reading your blog, you have a lot to be confident about!!!

I was the same way about smoking (never touched them) until I went through a party phase when I was 25 and smoked occasionally when I drank, but never a full cigarette and never sober. It was silly!!!

• Reply Kristin July 8, 2014 at 9:42 pm

Aww thank you Nicole, you are too sweet! Honestly, I think writing the blog has helped me build some confidence, it’s great! I also think IM training is helping me on the confidence front. I had friends who smoked when they drank in college… glad you are out of that phase:)

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats June 29, 2014 at 12:18 am

This is so awesome! I am totally doing this with you! I am having trouble thinking of things to post that don’t have to do with training! 🙂
    I knew I loved your blog. We have lots in common!! Especially 2,3, and 4!!

• Reply erin June 30, 2014 at 12:02 pm

Love this and I think I may join in on the fun 🙂 I can totally relate to nearly all of these, especially 1, 4, 6 and 10! Office job staring at a computer for eight hours a day = lame. I’m currently going through a bit of a third-life crisis! I hope your relationship with your sis gets better! I don’t know what I’d do without mine 🙂

• Reply Kristin July 8, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Yay! I hope you join me with the challenge:) Love that you can relate to me! Ugh I am totally going through a third-life crisis… I wish I could just figure it all out! How lucky you are to be close to your sister!

• Reply Kecia June 30, 2014 at 8:34 pm

I love this idea and may have to join you on the fun!! I COMPLETELY relate to many of these…1, 3, 5, 6, 9 and 10 🙂 I really hope you are able to improve your relationship with your sister so you can experience the same joys in life that I have. I only wish we were closer in proximity so I could see them both more in person 😉

• Reply Kristin July 8, 2014 at 9:46 pm

I hope you can join me with the challenge, it will be fun! Love how you can relate to me on so many of these!!

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:31 am

This is the right site for everyone who would like to find out about this topic.
    You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not
    that I personally will need to…HaHa). You definitely put a
    brand new spin on a subject that’s been written about for years.
    Wonderful stuff, just wonderful!