Thinking Out Loud Thursday! {#6}

Here are my thoughts (i.e. mind rambles) this Thursday!

I’ve been feeling down this week..

767ebf58ff14e829f5731a615e97eb23

Not sure if it’s my heel pain acting up again, or what, but I’m having one of those weeks where I just feel down in the dumps… for no reason at all. I’m just feeling blahh and I wish it would go away!

One of my biggest pet peeves: when people don’t say ‘please’ and ‘thank you.’

e805d256a9b086072ca7258d0587b912
I just don’t get this. At all. Whether it’s sending an email, letting someone go before you when driving, holding the door for someone at a coffee shop… know your manners people! Honestly, if you don’t have good manners, I pretty much decide that I don’t like you right off the bat. Sorry, but manners are important!

I am so grateful (more than ever) for my supportive husband

Wedding Photos 1311
If it weren’t for him, I’m not sure how I would be able to get through this Ironman training. Now, more than ever, I am so grateful for his patience and willingness to help around the house. He knows how important this training is to me and how time consuming it is. He has picked up so much of the slack at home i.e. laundry, cleaning, dishes, etc when I’m unable… he’s honestly been amazing.

I have made it my goal to get into bed before 10:00 every night

photo (31)
As I’ve mentioned before here, I don’t get enough sleep (probably 6-6.5 hours on average). It’s now my goal to get into bed by 10:00 during the week, lights out, head on the pillow (so far it’s only worked once this week, oops). It’s such a hard thing to do!

I don’t know how I used to train without a recovery drink

IMG_0198
I’m so glad I found a recovery drink that not only tastes great, but it makes me feel so much better! EFS Ultragen Cappuccino is my drink of choice, and it works wonders on my tired muscles! I bounce back a lot faster after workouts now, thanks to Ultragen.

Thinking-Out-Loud (1)

• Reply Amanda @ .running with spoons. May 15, 2014 at 9:13 pm

I first thought you said that you’re peeved off when people DO say please and thank you, and I was like whaaaaaa? 😯 But yeah I totally get it. MANNERS, PEOPLE! And I’m with you on the wonky sleep. Is it sad that I’ve actually reached the point where I feel like 6 hours is a good amount? Ugh.

• Reply Kristin May 16, 2014 at 1:22 pm

LOL… Yes manners are SO important! Seriously people! I also feel like 6 hours is normal…. not good…

• Reply Kecia May 16, 2014 at 2:54 pm

I COMPLETELY agree with the please and thank you. Last week we took 150 8th grade students to play laser tag and a round of bowling. I held the door open for all of them and about 15 adults. Only 2 of them said, “thank you.” I was very annoyed by the lack of consideration toward others.

• Reply Kristin May 19, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Isn’t it the worst?! The manners thing drives me crazy! I can’t believe out of your group only 2 people said thank you… very scary about the future generation!

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats May 16, 2014 at 7:52 pm

Maybe you should take a day or 2 off and do something out of the norm to revive/refresh you. Maybe you would feel better! I definitely have those days too!!
    Please and thank you are really the easiest words to say. I feel like people these days don’t have any manners. Is it the parents fault for not teaching them? Who knows! You know what else bothers me is people who don’t use their blinker. Is it that difficult?! 🙂

• Reply Kristin May 19, 2014 at 8:19 pm

You definitely bring up a good point… I am craving a rest day right now. I actually have one scheduled for tomorrow and some easy workouts this week. I am cutting my volume almost in half from what it was last week, which should help things. Thank you for the suggestion:)

I think with manners, a lot has to do with upbringing.. but that’s just my opinion:) The blinker thing also drives me crazy!

• Reply Abby May 16, 2014 at 8:23 pm

Hope you get out of your funk! I think sometimes when you’re so focused on a goal and work, train, sleep it’s easy to fall into such a pattern.I know I slipped into some funks when I was in the midst of training.
    I agree with Leslie- even take a couple days off of regimented training and do something active but different. I promise it won’t ruin all the work you’ve put in 🙂
    Such a stunning photo of you and your hubby!
    Have a great weekend!

• Reply Kristin May 19, 2014 at 8:25 pm

Thank you! Yes I was able to get out of my little funk. You are so right, it’s very easy to fall into a pattern with all of the training. Sometimes I feel like I’m on autopilot:) I am looking forward to an ‘easier’ week this week and a full rest day! I am craving rest at this point. Thank you so much for your comment about my photo, it’s one of my favorites. I hope you had a great weekend too!

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust May 16, 2014 at 10:06 pm

I have definitely been on emotional ups and downs these past few weeks. For me, I think a lot of it is correlated with the weather and my physical health. If you need to take a couple days off, do it. I did and it was like replacing a dead battery. Plus, I think it is normal after so many weeks of training, yet so many weeks until the event, that people feel kind of blah. You’ll get through it. You have a huge amount of support. I am with you on the whole “THANK YOU HUBBY” shout out. My husband has been nothing less than amazing through this process. Lucky us, eh? 😉

• Reply Kristin May 19, 2014 at 8:29 pm

I have been totally up and down for weeks… talk about an emotional and physical roller coaster, lol. I cannot wait to take a rest day tomorrow (gosh I never thought I would say that!). Definitely need to recharge the batteries. Having support makes all of the difference, and I am so grateful. Yes, we are so lucky to have supportive, understanding husbands! While mine might think I’m crazy for doing all of this training, and he doesn’t understand it, he supports me 110% and that’s all I need!

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:16 am

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to
    say that I have truly enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!