Friday Favorites!

Here are some things I’m loving lately!  I’m looking forward to a busy weekend of training and getting on my bike (outdoors). Ironman training has officially taken over my weekends, and I’m OK with that:)

This article from IRONMAN.com: 10 Ways IRONMAN Prepares you for Parenthood

M-Dot

After my post last week: ‘All of my friends are having babies…’ I found the timing of this article to be very fitting.  I have have read it a couple of times now, and it has given me reassurance for the future and potentially starting a family some day! I like # 6:

IRONMAN: Long runs, miles of swimming and hours on the bike. Every weekend.

Little man: Long nights, round-the-clock feedings and hours of crying. Every day for a year.

→ The leg up: You can persevere. Functioning while sore and sleep-deprived, and planning essential moments of recovery, is key to covering 140.6 miles as an athlete and 365 days as a new parent. “You understand that being tired is part of life now,”

Tulips

photo (22)

I just LOVE these spring flowers. They are so pretty and I feel like they are every where I look!  I cannot help but buy a few bouquets every week at Trader Joes.  Bringing a bunch into the office makes being indoors a bit more tolerable.

OOFOS Flip Flops

IMG_0202
I have not wanted to take these off since I purchased them at the Boston Marathon Expo. They were the first shoes I put on after the race, and they feel like my feet are walking on clouds! Perfect for those suffering from plantar fasciitis/heel pain, since they have a lot of arch and heel support! These sandals have seriously changed my life… highly recommend them.

Wholly Guacamole Minis

0061611203150_500X500
I love these little guacamole and avocado packets for the work week! They are very convenient and are super healthy with no preservatives. Just real food ingredients. I love eating the guacamole with baby carrots or putting the avocado on my burgers!

The Green Dream Smoothie at Whole Foods

Mango-Coconut-Green-Smoothie-Close-Up-2-001

I am not usually one to like green smoothies, but this one from the Whole Foods Smoothie Bar is delicious and I’m hooked! The ingredients are: coconut water, kale, spinach, banana and mango… I need to figure out how to recreate this at home!

Have a fantastic weekend!!

• Reply Sara @ Running Around The Charles May 9, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Whole foods has a smoothie bar!?!?!? At what location is this? How have I missed this?

• Reply Kristin May 13, 2014 at 3:49 pm

YES!! I think all whole foods do! I go to the Woburn location, but I know most have it. Usually it’s right where the chocolates and coffee are!

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust May 9, 2014 at 5:30 pm

Thank you SO MUCH for sharing that link to the Ironman article. I found it to be an excellent read.

• Reply Kristin May 13, 2014 at 3:49 pm

You’re welcome! Isn’t that an amazing article? I bookmarked it for the ‘future’ 🙂 My hubby liked it too!

• Reply Nicole May 9, 2014 at 6:49 pm

Haha I loved that ironman article!! I hope it’s true- I sent it to my husband 🙂

Those guacamole minis sound perfect! We buy avocados in bulk at costco – I’m addicted!

• Reply Kristin May 13, 2014 at 3:48 pm

So glad you liked the article… I just loved it! My husband liked it too… and is now less worried about all this crazy triathlon stuff haha. Avocados and Guac are the best! You must have the best out where you live, jealous!

• Reply Abby May 9, 2014 at 10:18 pm

I also adore tulips! Well- any fresh flowers are nice, especially around the office!
    My mom brought my a bunch of gorgeous call lilies today (yep- she gifted me on Mother’s Day weekend)!
    Good luck with a big training weekend!

• Reply Kristin May 13, 2014 at 3:47 pm

I also adore any type of fresh flower! Call lilies, are so beautiful.. .how sweet of your mama! Thanks for wishing me luck:)

• Reply erin May 10, 2014 at 2:02 am

I’ve been picking up pink tulips at TJs, too! They brighten up the room so much! That smoothie sounds deeeelicious… post the recipe if you recreate it! Have an awesome weekend of training!

• Reply Kristin May 13, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Aren’t TJ’s Tulips the best?! I will absolutely the smoothie recipe once I recreate it!

• Reply Leslie @ Triathlete Treats May 10, 2014 at 2:21 am

I have heard that those OOFOS flip flops are awesome. I would actually love to get some. I like wearing flip flops in the summer but they have no support!! 🙁
    OHHHHH those mini guacs look perfect for on the go!! I wonder if I could find some!?
    I love having flowers in the house too. Makes the room look so much better!! 🙂

• Reply Kristin May 13, 2014 at 3:46 pm

You HAVE to get the OOFOS, they are incredible! You can find them on Amazon! I’m sure you can find them where you live… I would look on the Wholly Guacamole Website. They make such a great snack option. And yes, flowers are the best.. and they smell so good!

• Reply IMMT Training Recap { Week 15} | Sweat Courage May 12, 2014 at 2:26 pm

[…] it better is wearing shoes with a lot of cushioning in the heel (like my OOFOS that I reviewed on Friday!). Sadly, the only way this is going to go away is if I stop doing anything on my feet… which we […]

• Reply Megan @ Meg Go Run May 13, 2014 at 9:58 am

I loooove guacamole! If I had them in little packets, there would be nothing stopping me from eating it at every meal!

• Reply Kristin May 13, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Isn’t guac the best? I could it it all day long… you have to try the guacamole minis:)

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:30 am

It’s hard to come by experienced people on this subject, but you sound like you know
    what you’re talking about! Thanks