Thinking Out Loud Thursday {#2}

Thursday’s are for thinking out loud!

Here are some things that are on my mind today:

I received my official QT2 racing kit in the mail yesterday! I am so pumped to be racing with the Age Group Elite Team with QT2 this season! I have been coached by QT2 for over a year now, and I have seen huge improvements in my performance already. Being on the team takes things to a whole new level and I’m excited to represent QT2 at all of my races this season (especially my Ironman!).

qt2

Trying out my new kit yesterday!

Spring is here!! It’s finally warming up in the Boston area and I could not be happier. This week has been beautiful with temperatures in the high 50’s and low 60’s. We might even reach 70 degrees this weekend! I am also grateful that it’s getting light out earlier in the morning… makes waking up before 5:00 AM a whole lot easier!

spring

The Boston Marathon is 11 days away, holy moly! I am actually feeling more confident about the race than I did a week ago. I have been seeking treatment for my shin splints and they have improved. I also feel like my plantar fasciitis pain has been tolerable this week (it helps that I’m tapering). I have decided that I have no choice but to run this race. After watching a special on TV the other day, about the events from last year, I couldn’t help but feel that I BELONG at the start line on April 21st. Standing just a few streets away last year when the explosions went off, I feel like that day is forever a part of me. Yes, I was able to cross the finish line, but so many people did not… this year we all run together.

The day before the race last year!

The day before the race last year!

I have decided at the age of 30 that I am sick of caring about what other people think about me. For my entire life, I have been so worried about what ‘others think’. Whether it’s about what I wear, what my hair looks like, what I do for work, the fact that I eat really healthy and exercise all the time… I used to let it get to me, but now I have a personal goal of not letting the fear of what other’s think, get to me. I’m also trying REALLY hard not to compare myself to others. This is a more difficult goal, I think, but it’s something to strive for.

4676d47ee144f7e195a1e539efde7cdf

Thought of the week

91e0714bce2c5f7c1c98f31067d239bc

Join the fun on Thursdays!

Thinking-Out-Loud2

• Reply Bryanna April 10, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I can’t wait for Boston. I am a little nervous, but I know it will be an amazing race with a whole new meaning for me. I am glad it’s starting to get warmer there too!! It makes standing around race morning more enjoyable. Can’t wait for your ironman. That is so amazing!!

• Reply Kristin April 11, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Me too! Definitely nervous, but excited… you will love it. The energy around the course, there is NOTHING like it… and this year will be even bigger and better!

• Reply Abby April 11, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Congrats on being part of the QT2 team! That’s a snazzy kit!
    I can’t believe how quickly Boston came up; I’m glad to hear your ailments have improved 🙂

• Reply Kristin April 14, 2014 at 7:55 pm

Thanks so much Abby! I can’t wait to wear it at my races this summer. Of course, I had to try it on immediately after opening the box. I also can’t believe how fast Boston came up, so crazy!

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust April 12, 2014 at 2:16 am

What a fun kit – looks great on you! I will be thinking about you and all of those running and cheering for Boston. Also, I love what you had to say about not worrying about what others think. I have been the same way much of my life (maybe it’s because I am an only child and grew up very unsure of myself). What I have learned is that the people who are worthwhile and who care about you will embrace you for who you are – always.

• Reply Kristin April 14, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Thank you!! I am so excited to wear my kit this summer! Also, thanks for thinking of me this upcoming Monday as I run Boston! It’s so hard to believe it’s been a full year since last year’s events… It will be exciting and very emotional all at the same time. I’m glad I’m not that only one who has always worried about what other’s think. Funny enough, I’m the oldest child, but still lack confidence.

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:39 am

What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads.
    I am hoping to give a contribution & help other users like its helped me.
    Good job.