I am linking up with Amanda today for Thinking out Loud Thursday! I love this idea and I thought I would jump on the bandwagon!
Here are some of my random thoughts this Thursday
- The Boston Marathon is 18 days away and I’m sort-of panicking. I don’t feel 100% with my plantar fasciitis and now shin splints (new issue). I wish I could say I feel confident about this race, but I don’t. I ran it last year, and I ran Chicago in October, so I know what my body feels like during a Marathon, just not an injured body. My mind is spinning over the whole thing.
- Bringing flowers to the office makes being indoors all day a bit more tolerable. I want to get in the habit of taking fresh flowers to work every week.
- I feel really ‘weak’ lately and I really miss Crossfit. With the suggestion of my triathlon coach and chiropractor, I gave up crossfit (for a little while). I really LOVED going to Crossfit 2-3 days/week, but I was finding that my muscles ALWAYS felt tired. With all of the swimming, biking and running that I do, it was just too much. I went from Crossfit to basically doing ZERO strength training and I hate how I feel. In the last few weeks I have started to do TRX and body weight work, but I miss lifting weights. This is why I have signed up with a trainer who is going to do my triathlon specific weight training programming… this will start next week! I can’t wait to get back into lifting again!
- I feel like I’m always rushing. I try to squeeze 28 hours in a 24 hour day- always! I feel like I’m always running around like a madwoman.. it probably doesn’t help that I put a lot of pressure on myself and I am very much ‘type A’
- I am proud of myself this week. For the first time, I presented at big meeting at work, and I did really well! I was super nervous since it was with a lot of the ‘big wigs’ at the office, but they were all very impressed with me! Something to feel great about this week.
- I can’t wait to ride my bike outside. I have been riding indoors on my trainer since November! This weekend it might get into the 60’s here in Boston and I think I’m going to take my bike outside for a change, I can’t wait to get that rush that I get when riding down a hill outside… I have surely missed it!