Thinking Out Loud Thursday! #1

I am linking up with Amanda today for Thinking out Loud Thursday! I love this idea and I thought I would jump on the bandwagon!

Here are some of my random thoughts this Thursday

• The Boston Marathon is 18 days away and I’m sort-of panicking. I don’t feel 100% with my plantar fasciitis and now shin splints (new issue). I wish I could say I feel confident about this race, but I don’t. I ran it last year, and I ran Chicago in October, so I know what my body feels like during a Marathon, just not an injured body. My mind is spinning over the whole thing.

marathon 6

• Bringing flowers to the office makes being indoors all day a bit more tolerable. I want to get in the habit of taking fresh flowers to work every week.

daff

• I feel really ‘weak’ lately and I really miss Crossfit. With the suggestion of my triathlon coach and chiropractor, I gave up crossfit (for a little while). I really LOVED going to Crossfit 2-3 days/week, but I was finding that my muscles ALWAYS felt tired. With all of the swimming, biking and running that I do, it was just too much. I went from Crossfit to basically doing ZERO strength training and I hate how I feel. In the last few weeks I have started to do TRX and body weight work, but I miss lifting weights. This is why I have signed up with a trainer who is going to do my triathlon specific weight training programming… this will start next week! I can’t wait to get back into lifting again!

weights

• I feel like I’m always rushing. I try to squeeze 28 hours in a 24 hour day- always! I feel like I’m always running around like a madwoman.. it probably doesn’t help that I put a lot of pressure on myself and I am very much ‘type A’

bd2502a50fc2082bbcf7ab4c2b8623dd

• I am proud of myself this week. For the first time, I presented at big meeting at work, and I did really well! I was super nervous since it was with a lot of the ‘big wigs’ at the office, but they were all very impressed with me! Something to feel great about this week.

776e184157e52814255b6ffc03d38ef4

• I can’t wait to ride my bike outside. I have been riding indoors on my trainer since November! This weekend it might get into the 60’s here in Boston and I think I’m going to take my bike outside for a change, I can’t wait to get that rush that I get when riding down a hill outside… I have surely missed it!

biking

Thinking-Out-Loud2

• Reply Bryanna April 3, 2014 at 4:39 pm

I love the quotes!! I am very type A as well so i get it!! I am not feeling entirely excited for Boston for various reasons. It’s going to be a different race for me with a whole new level of meaning. It kind of scares me (I am prego shhhh haven’t made it totally viral yet (I just found out 3 weeks ago), but will after Boston….11 weeks tomorrow). Morning sickness is killing me and pee breaks are inevitable. I think with the crowds and what happened last year this race will be amazing no matter what!!

• Reply Kristin April 4, 2014 at 12:47 am

oh my gosh!!!!! congratulations!!! I’m sure it will be a verrry different race for you, on many levels… you will do awesome though!! I can’t wait to see your pregnancy journey with running! so happy for you! And yes, the crowds will be amazing.. there is NOTHING like it, I can promise you.

• Reply Amanda @ .running with spoons. April 3, 2014 at 6:32 pm

I just came back from the grocery store and was -so- close to picking up some fresh flowers. I changed my mind at the last minute and now you’re really making me wish that I didn’t because you’re right — they do add so much happiness to a room. And I feel you on constantly rushing around… Even when I’m not in a hurry, I’m always trying to do things as fast as possible… Definitely need to remind myself to just breathe once in a while.

• Reply Kristin April 4, 2014 at 12:48 am

It’s amazing what flowers can do! I find they always cheer me up and they smell great too! It also adds life to any room (or office!). I’m glad I’m not the only one who rushes around all the time (even when I’m not in a rush!).

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust April 4, 2014 at 12:04 am

That is SO COOL that you are running the Boston Marathon – it is on my bucket list. I will be cheering you on from the west coast. 🙂 Hope the weather cooperates and brings you some sunshine and great riding this weekend.

• Reply Kristin April 4, 2014 at 12:49 am

Thank you Kristen! You will have to run Boston one year, there is nothing like it… the crowds, the course, it’s incredible. I get goose bumps just thinking about it. I also hope the weather cooperates (fingers crossed!) you never know what April can bring in Boston!

• Reply Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork April 6, 2014 at 5:40 pm

Sorry about the PF. 🙁 I’m still recovering from it, too. Mostly manageable now, though I’ve found as the heel gets better, the Achilles is getting tighter and my entire foot just feels tight. I need to work on mobilization, I think. Do you know what caused yours? Keep on icing and stretching (as I’m sure you are)!

• Reply Kristin April 8, 2014 at 1:28 am

Thanks… It’s honestly the worst, isn’t it?! Mobilization and self massage is key, try the trigger point kit! I think that what caused mine was wearing sandals and flats all last summer. I have very high arches and I was literally only wearing unsupportive shoes, except for my running shoes. I really think that’s what triggered it. Also, I waited way too long to get diagnosed, ugh.

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:45 am

You should be a part of a contest for one
    of the highest quality blogs online. I most certainly will recommend this website!