Since all I did was complain in my post yesterday, I thought I would write some happy thoughts today!
I find that when you are injured and not performing at your best, that it’s realllly hard to get out of an ‘injury funk.’ It’s easy to let your bad thoughts get the best of you. Today I feel much better and I am trying to think GOOD thoughts about the Boston Marathon. I still have 6 weeks to go, and I know I am capable of running that race. I actually went for a short run last night and my intercostal muscles (injured from coughing/the flu) felt better than they did on Sunday. I like to think that I am on the mend!
One thing that did boost my mood this past weekend was the time change! I love setting the clocks ahead, increasing the hours of sunlight at the end of the day. It gets me excited for the Spring and Summer months, where there is ample daylight for all sorts of fun activities!
Here are some of the happy thoughts I’ve been thinking about Spring!
- I can’t wait to run outside after work.. when it’s light (and warm) out!
- I’ll be able to take Oliver for after dinner walks when it’s still sunny out
- The smell of fresh cut grass
- Our local farm stand opening up again for business
- Wearing dresses without tights/leggings
- Riding my bike outside again
- Spring leads into Summer, which equals Triathlon season!
These are just a few of the things I look forward to… there are many more! Best of all, Spring brings new beginnings… things come to life again… the birds start singing, flowers bloom… and hopefully it means a successful running of the Boston Marathon!