IMMT Training Week 21

photo (11)

Jumping for joy after 14 miles on Saturday~

The Stats:
3 weeks until the Boston Marathon
21 weeks until IMMT
Total Training hours last week: 17

How am I feeling? This past week was another busy training week!  I am looking forward to this week ahead, which includes some recovery days.   I was really happy to still have some energy left in my tank by the time is got to my Sunday workouts.  I think this has a lot to do with fueling properly during and post training sessions.  My heel/plantar fasciitis is doing OK, I’ve been doing A LOT of self trigger point massage on my calves.

Training notes: I have been experimenting with post workout recovery fueling. I reached out to my sports nutritionist, because I have a hard time stomaching most recovery beverages.  He suggested trying a few different kinds of recovery beverages to see what I liked. After reading reviews online and in Triathlete Magazine, I decided to give Osmo Nutrition a try this weekend (will review this later this week!) I drank Osmo Acute Recovery Sports Drink post Saturday and Sunday workouts… I was happy with the results!

suffer

Here’s a recap of the week:

Monday March 24
Swim: 3,000 yds Masters Practice (Distance day)
Core workout

Tuesday March 25
Bike: Duration: 01:30:00 w/ Speed Work
Run: 30 min (Brick Run)

Wednesday March 26
Swim: 3,000 yds at Master’s practice
Bike: (recovery) 55 min

Thursday March 27
Bike: Zone 2 01:25:00 Tempo Ride (2 x 20 low cad @ Z2)
Run: Speed Work
Duration: 01:05:00
Warmup:
30 min
Main Set:1 X (5k repeats, with 3 minute recovery between each), 1 X (1 mile repeats, with 3 minute recovery between each)

Friday March 28
Swim: 3,000 yds- Masters Practice with sprints/intervals
Bike: Recovery ride 57 min

Saturday March 29
Bike: All Out 50 min (with 10 x 30 second sprints)
Run: Zone1/ Zone 2: 01:40:00

photo 2 (23)

60 miles on the trainer.. personal indoor record for me:)

Sunday March 30
Bike: Zone 1 Duration: 04:05:00 Distance: 60 Miles
*I rode for 4 hours on my indoor trainer, a new personal record for me! My internet & cable also wasn’t working, so I couldn’t watch my Amazon Prime Videos or TV. I resorted to watching Ironman World Championship YouTube videos on my iphone to make the time go by (and motivated me!)

Brick Run Duration 45 min (My legs felt great on this run! Very reassuring after 4 hours on the bike… Feeling better about tackling the hills at Boston!)

I enjoyed running in the rain

I enjoyed running in the rain

Phew! Glad that week is complete…

How was your training last week?!

• Reply Janelle @ Run With No Regrets April 1, 2014 at 2:14 am

Oh my gosh, 4 hours on your indoor trainer!! I don’t think I could last an hour! Looks like you had an awesome week of training!

• Reply Kristin April 1, 2014 at 1:12 pm

It was an awesome week, but yes a loooong ride on sunday. My quads are still feeling it!

• Reply Abby April 1, 2014 at 2:24 am

That’s an insane week – major congrats on pushing through all those workouts! And four hours on a trainer is no easy feat, especially without cable!
    My training last week wasn’t too grand. I was sick so took it easy but made up for it on Saturday with a hard trainer ride and then Sunday with my first run in two weeks!

• Reply Kristin April 1, 2014 at 1:11 pm

Thanks Abby! Yes it was a very busy week! Now I am on the taper until Boston, which will be a welcome breather. Sorry to hear you weren’t feeling well! Glad to hear you are running again!

• Reply Kristen @ Glitter and Dust April 2, 2014 at 1:06 am

Girl, you are inspiring! I’m so excited to follow your training – I always know where to find a little motivation. Four hours on the trainer? THAT is dedication!

• Reply Kristin April 2, 2014 at 1:26 pm

Thank you so much!! I definitely set a personal record for myself with the four hours! I look forward to it getting warm in Boston, so I can get outside!

• Reply Amanda - RunToTheFinish April 2, 2014 at 9:24 pm

most awesome photo!!! Oh and I love my CW-X too! I haven’t worn them for biking, but they are my marathon pants

• Reply Krysten (@darwinianfail) April 6, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Love the jumping for joy pic! And holy moely 4 hours on the trainer. You are a wild woman!! And killing your training!

• Reply Kristin April 8, 2014 at 1:30 am

Thank you so much! I clearly get excited when I’m done with a long workout:) 4 hours on the trainer was definitely hard… Looking forward to nice weather and riding outdoors!

• Reply ig February 27, 2017 at 2:29 am

Good day! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could locate a captcha plugin for my comment form?
    I’m using the same blog platform as yours and I’m having difficulty
    finding one? Thanks a lot!